The Evolved Office: Desktop is an untethered virtual workspace that provides employees with access to all of their applications, files and data from the Evolve IP private cloud on nearly any internet-enabled ‘smart’ device. Each individual is provided with dedicated CPU and memory allowing them to work exactly as they would with a traditional laptop or desktop, often with improved performance.
The Evolved Office: Desktop allows businesses to benefit from:
- Dramatically improve employee productivity, mobility and enable Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) strategies
- Centralize administration: quickly upgrade applications across the network
- Eradicate PC / laptop repair time and expense
- Extend the life of desktop infrastructure, workstations and laptops
- Improved data security: your data never needs to leave the data center
- Eliminates the need for additional staffing/support costs
- Reduced Total Cost of Ownership (TCO)
Anywhere that you have internet connectivity including cable modem and 3G/4G wireless connections – from home, from the coffee shop, from the airport, from the office, etc.
You can access The Evolved Office: Desktop from netbooks, ultra books, iPads and Android tablets, from any computer running Windows XP or greater, Linux, Macs, or from low-cost, dedicated thin client devices.
The Evolved Office: Desktop includes a full Windows 64 bit desktop experience with dedicated CPU and memory for each user. The Evolved Office: Desktop allows IT professionals to centrally manage virtual desktops for better administrative control and security.
No, if you are currently contracted with Microsoft for your Windows Desktop Operating System you can leverage the Windows VDA (Virtual Desktop Access) for licensing your Evolved Office: Desktop
Most USB peripherals that are supported in Windows will be supported in The Evolved Office: Desktop. Administrators can control the types of peripherals that can be accessed within the virtual desktop by implementing policies that make the most sense for their organization and user community.
The Evolved Office: Desktop supports BYOL (Bring-Your-Own-Licensing), Open-source licensing such as Open Office, or Evolve IP can provide Microsoft Office applications via a monthly subscription model. The Evolved Office: Desktop fully supports the hosting of line of business applications within Evolve IP’s award-winning Virtual Private Cloud infrastructure. The Evolved Office: Desktop allows the same type of flexibility you enjoy on your physical desktops today.
Your current administrator or third party consultant is responsible for your Active Directory, users’ permissions and policies, desktop applications, and endpoint device support. Evolve IP manages Virtual Desktop pools and licensing, stable and secure virtual infrastructure, network, and consumable resources (CPU, RAM, Disk).
Yes, each Evolved Office: Desktop implementation is provisioned a dedicated Active Directory server. The solution fully supports premise-to-cloud domain integration and was built specifically to meet the needs of the mid-market enterprise.
The Evolve Office: Desktop benefits any organization that…
- Wants to extend the life of older PCs / laptops and reduce the frequent PC replacement.
- Has between 20 and 1000+ employees and a distributed workforce.
- Wants to increase data security.
- Employs teleworkers and / or a mobile workforce.
- Requires timely access to resources, data and information regardless of location.
- Wants to reduce the overall costs of supporting their desktop infrastructure and software.
- Has limited IT resources and needs to achieve peak efficiency.
The Evolved Office: Desktop today serves the needs of many businesses across all segments including financial, insurance, professional services, legal, construction, manufacturing, and many more. While there are certain industries who have been early adopters to the outsourcing model, the Evolved Office: Desktop meets the IT requirements of all scopes of industry.
No, The Evolved Office: Desktop is not an all or nothing proposition. While the most common deployment, simply due to proximity, is to bring both desktops and line of business applications within the Evolve IP hosting environment, businesses can select just the users for whom it makes the most sense, (such as remote users, employees in satellite offices, users with older PCs) and hybrid deployment models are supported.