The primary responsibility of the Instructional Designer is to work directly alongside the Manager of Learning and Development and the Product Training Manager to create and design ILT and online training courses as determined by Functional Area Managers and L&D needs analysis. Additionally, this position will work with L&D leadership and FA Management to convert raw course material specific to Evolve IP products from our SME sources into our LMS.
The ideal candidate will understand the needs of accessibility, usability, and the experience of design. You will interact with other teams outside of Learning and Development, where collaboration, clear communication and organization are crucial. The ability to handle multiple projects within a tight time frame is important.
- Partner with management and the Organizational Development team to understand skill requirements to enable Evolve IP to continue to grow.
- Fluency with instructional systems design models and methodologies, authoring tools, and learning management systems integration.
- Experience as a solo or lead content developer on Instructional Systems Design projects related to adult learners.
- Develop a learning strategy and roadmap (includes a vision for digital learning) to help drive our company strategy and grow Evolve IP careers.
- Leverages technology and learning resources to ensure meaningful and effective learning experiences for program participants.
- Curate a roster of unique learning experiences for associates from in classroom to remote and 1-1 coaching – to support the development of our leadership core values within our associates.
- Design and deliver development programs and comprehensive evaluation strategies aligned to key metric.
- Develop simple and high impact learning paths across all functions at Evolve IP while focusing on the 3 key job skills (how to sell, install, and support).
- Bachelor’s degree
- A minimum of four (4) years of experience with instructional design and adult learning techniques in a Business to Business, technical services environment such as, but not limited to, software development, network engineering, Agile project management, etc.
- Experience with graphics or photo imaging software
- Experience with video creation and editing software
- Knowledge of the instructional systems design process and learning theories
- High Level EQ
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills