The Linux Systems Engineer will be responsible for managing our Linux infrastructure and applications. They will be expected to understand existing processes and procedures and look for ways to automate tasks so that focus can be on developing and deploying new products. The engineer will assist other teams with troubleshooting issues in each of their diverse environments. They will also be consulted by other functional areas on architecting and building out environments for new products and growth of existing platforms.
- Work alongside a wide variety of departments including Cloud Engineering, Voice Engineering, Data Engineering, and Software Development
- Effectively and independently take on tasks/work inside multiple projects simultaneously.
- Standing up new systems as necessary
- Deployment automation configurations
- Deployment of applications
- Write maintenance plans and execute appropriately
- Troubleshoot performance and functionality problems and investigate alarms as needed
- Be able to work independently but share knowledge with others, including writing documentation, and work on group projects
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by tracking emerging trends in systems engineering, configuration management and enterprise technology.
- BS in Information Systems or a related discipline or equivalent job experience.
- Solid written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work directly with other engineers in a professional consultative manner.
- Strong Linux administration skills
- Proficient in automating tasks on Linux systems with a shell scripts
- Working knowledge of TCP/IP Network knowledge
- Strong problem solving skills
- Excellent documentation skills
- Motivated individual willing to invest time in learning new systems
- Web server configuration such as Apache or Nginx
- Container technologies such as Docker and/or Kubernetes
- Understanding of Agile Development, SDLC, and CI/CD
- Proficient in automation technologies applications: Continuous Integration systems, Ansible, Puppet, etc.
- Handle multiple tasks simultaneously, while completing them in a timely fashion
- Time management is critical to ensure reasonable completion of tasks and projects