The Platform Engineer, Cloud Computing is a member of the Cloud Compute team. This team handles all platform related builds, testing, support and automation. The Platform Engineer serves as an escalation resource for the compute support technicians, who typically handle front line incident-based support. This position while being the escalation point for all virtualization platform related issues will need to provide communication to the Compute Management when issues arise.
The Platform Engineer may also be directly assigned tickets based on the complexity and priority of the request. The Platform Engineer interacts directly with the vendors when additional assistance is needed on technical platform related issues. This position may also need to communicate with customers on tickets that are escalated to them. In addition the Platform Engineer is also responsible for meeting and reporting of applicable KPIs and/or SLA’s.
- Incident-based Issue Resolution
- Resolve assigned customer technical issues
- Escalate as required, within a proper timeframe
- Meet SLA’s
- Communicate to customers clearly, effectively and professionally
- Help Desk Escalation and Ticket Overflow
- Serve as technical escalation point for the Help Desk
- Service directly assigned tickets in order to ensure SLA’s are met
- Serve as technical resource for projects
- Participate in On-Call/After Hours Rotation
- Desire to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to prioritize work to ensure that all timeframes are met
- 3+ years’ experience in the server virtualization
- VCP or greater certification
You Also Have A(n):
- Detailed understanding of VMWare Virtualization
- Detailed understanding of Microsoft desktop and server operating systems
- Understanding of Virtual Desktops
- Understanding of SANs preferably with EMC
To submit your resume please click here.