The DevOps Engineer will be responsible for working closely with the development team to facilitate the Development to Production workflow. They will be responsible for creating and maintaining automation to deploy new software in Dev, QA, Beta, and Production environments. They will assist with troubleshooting issues in each of these environments. They will also be responsible for assisting with the design and architecture of new environments and systems.
- Work alongside a wide variety of departments including Cloud Engineering, Voice Engineering, Data Engineering, and Software Development
- Effectively and independently take on tasks/work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Standing up new systems as necessary
- Build and Deployment configurations
- Deployment of applications
- Write maintenance plans and execute appropriately
- Troubleshoot performance problems, investigate alarms as needed
- Be able to work independently but share knowledge with others and work on group projects
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by tracking emerging trends in systems engineering, configuration management and enterprise technology.
- Proficient in mainstream automation technologies applications: Continuous Integration systems, Ansible, Puppet, Docker, etc.
ASSIGNMENT, REVIEW, AND APPROVAL OF WORK:
- Who is responsible for assigning and reviewing the work of this position?
- Manager, Systems Engineering
- In what form and how detailed are the instructions?
- The individual will monitor production systems on a daily basis for health and performance. They will be required to troubleshoot issues as they arise and work with the development team if needed to assist in tracking down bugs. They will continually look for ways to improve the resiliency and performance of existing systems. Deployment of new systems will be requested as needed. Other projects will be assigned along with its requirements as necessary.
- How often is the individual’s work reviewed?
- Daily tasks will be reviewed on a weekly basis.
- Other work will be reviewed as needed.
- Software Development
- Product Development
- Voice Engineering
- Data Engineering
- BS in Information Systems or a related discipline or equivalent job experience.
- Solid written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work directly with other engineers in a professional consultative manner.
- Strong Linux administration skills
- Proficient in automating tasks on Linux systems with a shell scripts
- Working knowledge of TCP/IP Network knowledge
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent documentation skills
- A motivated individual willing to invest time in learning new systems
- Web server configuration such as Apache or Nginx
- Container technologies such as Docker and/or Kubernetes
- Understanding of Agile Development, SDLC, and CI/CD
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS:
- Server/Service Uptime
- Successful deployments with minimal downtime
- Task completion