The Systems Engineer, Professional Services serves as an implementation resource for Service Delivery and Evolve IP Project Managers, providing technical experience and insight into the service migration and ITaaS implementation process.
Responsibilities include performing the required technical work and documentation for customer IT support onboarding, migrations to Evolve IP’s cloud and custom scoped IT projects. The Project Managers will continue being the face of the implementation process, handling the bulk of the customer communication. The technical work performed by the Systems Engineer, Professional Services is in accordance with company technical standards and processes.
The Systems Engineer, Professional Services also serves as an escalation point for the Service Desk by providing advanced IT knowledge and technical assistance.
- Perform Onboarding, Migrations, and Professional Service Projects
- Work with the ProServ Manager and Project Managers through the service implementation, migration and project delivery process, as it relates to ITaaS.
- Perform assigned technical work with a high degree of accuracy and while meeting deadlines.
- Perform technical work in accordance with company technical standards and processes
- Work in company business systems, keeping documentation/status of assigned tasks current
- Thoroughly document the work in company standard systems
- Execute on Project and Migration Plans under the guidance of Senior Systems Engineers.
- Service Desk Escalation and Incident Based Overflow
- Serve as technical escalation point for the Service Desk
- College degree (Preferred)
- Desire to work in a fast-paced environment within the technology sector
- Ability to multitask and prioritize work to ensure that deadlines are met
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to work with high level of autonomy
- Detail oriented
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs (Outlook, Excel, Word, Visio, etc.)
- Detailed understanding of Virtualization, Servers, Desktops, Enterprise Applications
- Detailed understanding of Evolve IP product sets
- Proficiency with Windows Server and Workstation Operating Systems
- Proficiency with Microsoft Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, and Group Policy
- Proficiency with VMware ESXi, vCenter, and Hyper-V
- Proficiency with Mail Solutions, including Exchange and Office 365
- Multitasking projects with various requirements and product sets, for multiple customers simultaneously
- Time management is critical to ensure the timely implementation of Evolve IP customers