The role of the Product Development Specialist is to bring new product offerings to the market for sale and accelerate the growth of Evolve IP’s Hosted PBX platform, communications applications, reporting, and most importantly- internally developed applications to support the unified communications offerings. There is a limited role to also support existing products we deliver to the market, support sales with answers to questions, and assist in the demo of applications to prospects for new business.
- Research solutions in the market and contribute to the future product roadmap (PRM)
- New product development following a defined process to bring new products to market
- Vendor analysis, management, consistent communication
- Gathering and documenting competitive intelligence
- Working with Voice Engineers & Software Developers to develop and test products
- Technical and functional writing – Detailed documentation
- Cost / pricing analysis
- Product & project management of new technology initiatives
- Present/demonstrate solutions and recommendations in a consultative manner that instills confidence in Evolve IP unified communications offerings and practice capabilities
- Support sales efforts to generate new revenue through business case development, evaluation of customer needs, identification and evaluation of solutions/alternatives
- Perform on-site customer visits as needed to engage in sales, support, or training activities on a national basis
- Conduct training for Evolve IP staff, channel partners, white-label partners
- Maintain and update existing product set with regard to technical requirements, business rules, pricing, online documentation and conduct training as needed
- Review, document, and update internal processes and procedures for Service Delivery and Support teams.
- Own internally developed applications that front-end the unified communications platform used by customer administrators, end-users, partners, and internal associates
Qualities of the ideal candidate:
- Some technical background in any of the following areas: phone systems, networking, LAN/WAN technologies, Applications, SW Development (this background only needs to be conceptual, it does not need to be hands-on).
- Demonstrates ability to ask questions, understand how things work, research info with vendors or online.
- Ability to think about various ways to position products with sales and channel partners, looks at competition to make informed decisions surrounding the product.
- Makes decisions after understanding the products and be able to articulate why you made the decision.
- Figures out ways around technical and business challenges to always move forward.
- Comes to the office ready to design and execute their day to bring new products to market or support existing products in a self-sufficient manner with little over sight. You hold yourself accountable for bringing products to market by meeting the new product calendar (roadmap).
- Understands that key wins in product development can take months in bringing new solutions to market. This takes a long term vision coupled with short-term goals and milestones.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in Product Development OR Product Management role with the ability to demonstrate how you brought new products to market as part of a team.
- Prefer a minimum of 2 years practical experience with a technology Service Provider delivering Hosted PBX services, Software Applications, or similar company in a product development, sales, or service delivery role
- A desire to research information on competitors and relate to product delivery, new customer acquisition, and train internal associates
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal) with attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with a heavy workload that requires excellent time management and organizational skills
- Work without direct supervision using good judgment and appropriately escalating issues or questions
Key Performance Indicators:
Product Roadmap (PRM) Execution, Project Task List, Application Updates and Releases, Assess Proposals for Product Positioning and Financials, Sold-Installed-Billed Revenue