Late last week PCMag covered the results from our 2014 Mobility Survey – if you’ve come to our blog from that page thanks for digging in deeper! The data we uncovered is pretty amazing. For example:
- On average, managers and executives are working remotely 10+ hours / week
- They are also adding about 24.5 minutes to their work day by working while commuting (phone calls & Bluetooth we hope!)
- 95% of companies are embracing mobility and BYOD programs
- 80% of those surveyed feel that the tradeoff between being accessible ‘anytime / anywhere’ is a positive thanks to the tradeoff of a better work / life balance (decreased commuting times – flex-scheduling).
Evolve IP helps organizations adopt VDI / DaaS and UC services that turn remote locations into fully functional offices. We also virtualize many of the applications that 44% of those surveyed feel would further enhance their productivity levels.
To download the full survey results please click here: 2014 Mobility and BYOD Survey
Here are some additional results from the survey:
Additional Findings: Adoption
- Nearly half of the participants surveyed (49 percent) report that their organization provides a mobile phone and / or tablet for work use.
- 47 percent of those surveyed are active BYOD participants with 13 percent noting that their device is administered / secured by their organization’s IT staff.
- 4 in 10 participants (39 percent) admit to using non IT approved cloud applications on a company supplied or administered device.
- 63 percent report having an iPhone, 28 percent note using an Android device while 4 percent are using a Windows phone.
Additional Findings: Productivity
- 44 percent of those surveyed rate the benefit of being able to work anytime as “extremely important” while 39 percent rate work-life balance the same way.
- One in four respondents estimate that they are between 21 percent – 30 percent more productive in their job than they were five years ago due to mobility / BYOD programs.
- Three in ten respondents use their mobile device to work remotely between six and 10 hours per week.
- Two in 10 who report “working while commuting” spend between 11 and 30 minutes on their mobile device.
- 90 percent of respondents confess to using their mobile device for non-work related functions during work hours. Eighty percent note taking personal phone calls, 74 percent are texting and 60 percent check personal email.