If your business is considering enabling remote work, Bring Your Own Device or looking to easily provision, update and secure your users with DaaS or a virtual workspace you’re not alone. In fact, according to Gartner, DaaS momentum continues to build – especially in the midmarket.
To help businesses think through some of the major considerations we developed a comparison guide that outlines:
- How projects get funded
- Major solution types
- Key questions to consider
- A cost evaluation process
- Thoughts on overcoming objections
So, why would should listen to us? Well, Evolve IP…
- Has been providing DaaS solutions for over 11 years
- Is the largest multi-tenant VMware DaaS provider in the United States.
- Our solution has been named in every Gartner DaaS Market Guide since inception.
- We also work with Citrix and have deployed virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI) for clients.
- We have tens of thousands of users
Bottom line, we have a lot of experience to pull from for this comparison.
Why Implement Desktop-as-a-Service / DaaS?
Evolve IP has helped hundreds of enterprise and midmarket clients migrate their servers and desktops to the cloud in almost every vertical market. Over the years, we have found that the projects that get funded and are deployed successfully typically involve one or more of these four business outcomes.
- Security – Quite simply, IT is looking to create a reliable, efficient and most of all secure platform due to the issues caused by increased threats and the proliferation of remote work and BYOD. They also want an easy way to ensure that the OS instances and varying software applications are up-to-date and secure. By using DaaS, IT is able to protect and secure resources in the cloud and not necessarily worry about the devices being used to access the cloud. Whatever is happening locally isn’t being transmitted up to the cloud instances.
- Disaster Recovery / Business Continuity – With DaaS, users are no longer dependent on physical devices to do their job. Therefore, if the office is no longer accessible due to fire, flood, even inclement weather like a snowstorm, users can grab any device and do their job.
- Management – Picture trying to manage and maintain hundreds or thousands of desktops across dozens of offices. What a nightmare. Yes, this is what one of our recent customers was faced with! By implementing DaaS, IT is able to give thin client or zero client devices to their users and they simply log in to the cloud to start working anywhere, anytime. When updates and patches need to occur, and we all know that happens all of the time, IT simply makes a few clicks and the whole environment is updated in one shot.
- Enabling Remote Workers / Mobility – Businesses know that remote work is on the rise and hiring talent that’s within driving distance is nearly impossible and very expensive. For businesses that have a remote workforce, DaaS improves productivity instantly while also allowing office-bound workers to become mobile and leverage BYOD. Businesses can now expand their hiring reach and attract better talent. And as noted in the first section, DaaS supports these needs securely!