Evolve IP’s Analyst-Acclaimed Cloud Communications and Computing Services Achieve Certification to Healthcare’s Most Rigorous Security Standard.
As announced today, Evolve IP is proud to have achieved the honor of being HITRUST CSF certified! View the HITRUST certification press release here. Certification to the HITRUST Common Security Framework (CSF) affirms that all of Evolve IP’s cloud computing and cloud communications services adhere to the strictest security standards for electronic protected health information (PHI). The HITRUST security standard was developed by and for the healthcare industry as a means of going above and beyond the compliance requirements of HIPAA. However, being certified to the HITRUST CSF is a broad statement to customers and prospects in ALL industries that Evolve IP cares deeply about protecting client data and that we have designed an environment committed to continuous, on-going security enhancement.
Why is HITRUST Certification Important to our Clients?
Here are the top 4 reason why our healthcare clients need to know about HITRUST and how it helps us address the special compliance and security concerns. The benefits are significant for healthcare providers with direct HIPAA compliance concerns and for business associates of all types and sizes:
- HITRUST shows Evolve IP’s commitment to compliance and security – 3rd party auditors have thoroughly reviewed our environment and agreed that:
- We meet the highest healthcare security standards today, and
- We have established a system of continuous review and improvement which will ensure that we are constantly updating, adapting, and improving our security measures to address emerging threats and cyberattacks (1-minute video clip).
- HITRUST is respected by the healthcare industry – HITRUST is the most widely applied security framework in the US healthcare industry. It incorporates all of the requirements of HIPAA/HITECH for healthcare-specific security, privacy and regulatory concerns, and has been adopted by 83% of hospitals and healthcare providers (37-second video clip).
- Many healthcare service providers are going to be required to get HITRUST certified: Evolve IP can help streamline that process – As a premier provider of cloud communications and computing solutions, having our infrastructure certified to the HITRUST Common Security Framework, means clients can access the tremendous benefits of the cloud, while easily meeting or even expanding upon the requirements of their HIPAA compliance and PHI security programs. Further, Evolve IP is able to help clients streamline the process of attaining their own HITRUST certification in order to fulfill the service provider mandate that has already been issued by five major healthcare payers (52-second video clip).
- HITRUST sets Evolve apart from other cloud service providers – HITRUST certification is far superior to the commonly known SOC II reports that many clients are familiar with. Beyond HIPAA/HITECH, HITRUST incorporates similar requirements from 20 other regulatory bodies and compliance standards (2-minute video clip) including PCI/DSS, ISO 27001, Sarbanes Oxley, and NIST. We can provide many clients with a greater degree of security than they can achieve on premises.