HITRUST & Cybersecurity 2018
Achieving Healthcare Security, Privacy, and Performance
Join Evolve IP, VMware, Wipfli, Veeam and HPE for an informative healthcare industry educational event focused on balancing PHI security and IT performance in the face of growing global cyber-threats.
Please fill out the form below to register
- When: November 14th, 2017; 12:00 pm – 3:30 pm * Note New Time
- Where: 989 Old Eagle School Rd. Wayne, PA 19087 (Evolve IP’s HQ)
- What: HITRUST & Cybersecurity 2018
- 12:00 – 12:30 Registration and Lunch
- 12:30 – 1:30 HITRUST Keynote Address – Omar Khawaja
- 1:45 – 2:45 Cybersecurity Keynote Address – Tom Norman
- 2:45 – 3:30 Industry Panel Discussion; Q & A
Co-sponsoring the event with Evolve IP:
What To Expect
The keynote speaker is Omar Khawaja, Chief Information Security Officer of Highmark, who will provide an in-depth view of healthcare security and the increasing role of the HITRUST Common Security Framework (CSF). Expanding the discussion into the topic of emerging global cyber threats and countermeasures is nationally-recognized security author and cybersecurity expert Thomas L. Norman.
Mr. Khawaja is a member of the HITRUST board of directors and offers a unique perspective on the role of the HITRUST CSF for enabling the healthcare industry to thrive in the face of mounting cyber threats. Mr. Norman will share emerging international security issues and cutting-edge strategies for implementing effective security frameworks both on-premises and in the cloud. The speaking sessions will be followed by an interactive panel discussion representing a cross-section of industry viewpoints.
You’ll learn strategies for optimizing physical security, mitigating cybersecurity risk, and developing compelling, risk-based business cases for C-suite support. All attendees will receive a copy of Mr. Norman’s newest paper: The Compelling Case for Unifying IT and Physical Security.
Co-sponsoring the event with Evolve IP are VMware, Veeam Software, Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE), and Wiplfi, a consulting and CPA firm that provides HIPAA/HITRUST assessments. Following our speakers, a panel of industry and technology experts will share real-life experiences about the relationship between HIPAA, HITRUST certification, cybersecurity, and security/vendor management. Specifically, the discussion will focus on the implications of security-related compliance activities on the health operation of and interaction between the extended network of healthcare service providers and business associates.
As HITRUST is one of the healthcare industry’s most adopted security frameworks, we will explore the evolution of the standard and discuss best practices for both covered entities and service providers.
HITRUST Keynote Speaker:
Omar Khawaja, CCSK, CISSP; Chief Information Security Officer, Highmark | LinkedIn Profile
Omar Khawaja has spent 15 years delivering, developing and managing enterprise security solutions. He is currently Chief Information Security Officer at Highmark, the nation’s third-largest integrated health delivery and financing network. He is also on the board of directors for HITRUST and is an expert in the HITRUST certification process and how it fulfills HIPAA requirements. In the past, Omar had responsibility for a portfolio of security solutions with customers in 72 countries. He has advised executives of the Global 1000 and spoken at industry conferences (RSA, CSA, ISF, MWC, WEDI) on the topic of making security more business-centric, on 5 continents and has been quoted in media outlets such as Financial Times, NY Times and CNBC. Omar is a CCSK, CPHIMS and CISSP; has a BS in electrical engineering from Georgia Tech and an MBA from University of Virginia’s Darden School of Business.
Cybersecurity Keynote Speaker:
Thomas L. Norman, CPP/PCP; Global Security Consultant, Ingram Micro | LinkedIn Profile
Tom Norman is an internationally acclaimed security consultant with experience in the USA, Middle East, Europe, Africa and Asia. Mr. Norman has expertise in Cyber Security & Cyber War Defense Planning, Integrated Security Master Planning, Crime Prevention, Anti-terrorism, Threat Assessment, Security Cost/Benefit Analysis, and Threat/Countermeasure Balancing. Mr. Norman is an award-winning author of security industry books, including Risk Analysis and Security Countermeasure Selection, The Compelling Case for Aligning IT and Physical Security, and Security Planning and Design.
During the program, the participants will explore answers to the following questions:
- What is the relationship between HIPAA and HITRUST?
- How is HITRUST being used by covered entities to manage HIPAA security policies and procedures?
- How does HITRUST relate to the SOC 2® and other compliance frameworks?
- How is HITRUST impacting the relationship between covered entities and service providers?
- How do HITRUST requirements impact IT infrastructure and cloud computing strategies?
- What are emerging international security threats?
- What best practices and countermeasures are leading risk managers using?
- What are the common security and privacy gaps identified in initial assessments?
- How are companies balancing compliance and performance demands?
- What changes are anticipated over the next 18-24 months?