KING OF PRUSSIA, Pa. — March 11, 2021 — Evolve IP®, a leading international service provider of Work Anywhere™ solutions today announced the results of a survey taken by 538 business professionals about working from home and their expectations for the future of remote work. The survey was fielded in February of 2021, approximately one month before the March 13th, 2020 national emergency declaration forced the majority of American employees to begin working from home.
- Only 14% say work from home makes them more likely to look and just 6% think remote working puts their job at risk.
- It also aligns with employee expectations where 64.5% stated the desire to work from home the majority of the time once the pandemic ends (3+ days/ week).
- 34% of C-Suite executives say their employees are more productive at home, 42% aren’t sure or estimate no change.
- Of executives indicating their employees were more effective at home, they estimated a 25.5% increase in productivity – closely aligned with employee estimates.
- 66.5% of employees feel they would be more productive and 59% believe their work habits would be more secure. IT professionals agree – 60% and 56.5% respectively.
- 45% of businesses are planning to integrate their communications and collaboration services in the next 12 months.
- 13% of employees say working from home has positively increased their compensation. This is likely due to lower work-related expenses such as decreases in commuting, lunches, and work apparel costs.
- About 4 in 10 employees (38%) would like to continue to work from home 5 days per week
- Just 6% of employees say they would never like to work from home or do so just a couple of days per month.
- 15.5% of businesses will no longer require employees to come into the office
- 38.5% don’t know when employees will be going back to the office and 24.5% believe employees will return in the 2nd half of 2021
- On average, respondents are using 2.5 devices to work remotely. The top devices are a company-owned laptop (74%) and personal mobile phones (45.5%)
- Organizations are typically making use of 5 different remote work technologies. Top solutions are video conferencing (85%), collaboration (81%), and accessing windows applications via VPN (52%).
- Businesses using Microsoft Teams currently use other video and communications platforms such as Zoom (62%) or Webex (26%) but 50% of those respondents say they plan on integrating their collaboration and communications platforms in the next year.
- Four in ten businesses (39%) plan to increase spending on remote work technologies in 2021.
Simplify and future-proof your technology footprint with Evolve IP
It's nearly impossible to stay on top of every change in technology. Partner with Evolve IP and gain the combined experience of hundreds of technologists, all acting as an extension of your IT team. Helping you do more with less.