What is Business Collaboration?
Business collaboration enables employees and invited guests to work together digitally on projects. Enterprise collaboration tools typically including file sharing, group chat, real-time meetings, notifications, screensharing, on-demand audio/video conferencing, PSTN calling, group edit files and more.
– All In One Place, On One Platform, With One Click.
Communicate more effectively
Eliminate communication silos. Employees can easily communicate how they want, and to whom they want, with group chat, one-on-one conversations, one-click meetings, screen sharing, video and web conferencing, and so much more!
Collaborative, persistent workspaces
You may never need to ask for a file again. With business collaboration, workspaces are persistent and topic-driven so you’ll always have access to the just the right information, exactly when you need it. Each workspace has its own unique team members who can easily group edit, and share project files anywhere at any time while having persistent access to the team’s communications history.
80% of employee time is spent collaborating with others
73.2% of employees will be working remotely by 2020
84% of employees work on multiple teams
Workspace Collaboration is growing at a 96% CAGR
By 2022, 70% of businesses will rely primarily on business collaboration tools to get work done
Results of using business collaboration tools
(Source: Survey by Harvard Business Review Analytics Services)
79% greater efficiency
76% increased productivity
69% better business decision making
63% higher levels of innovation
58% faster time to market
52% increased sales
With Web, mobile and desktop applications, users can stay productive and connected to projects anywhere. An integrated, persistent record of interactions and access to assets allows team members to complete their tasks and collaborate with other team members regardless of their location.
"Workspace Collaboration is growing at a 96% CAGR and will have estimated revenues of $5 Billion in 2021."
- Workstream Collaboration Market Guide Gartner
"91 of the Fortune 100 are now using Microsoft Teams."
- The Wall Street Journal
"By 2022, 70% of businesses will rely primarily on business collaboration tools to get work done."
- Workstream Collaboration Market Guide Gartner
Consumer Applications are Driving Business Applications
Shadow IT Deployment – 32% of ‘known’ collaboration tools in an organization are deployed independently of IT. The typical mid-market / enterprise business has an average of 2.4 services today.
Microsoft Office 365 – Today 56% of all businesses use O365. Teams is free in O365.
Improved Productivity – Employees are more productive with new mobile technologies. They want to communicate like they do with their consumer apps.
Digital Workforce – 90% of calls will be planned by 2021. Globally, 70% of people work remotely at least once a week. There is a change from being a ‘number’ to having a persistent identity.
“Market growth is now being fueled by office workers and other professionals expecting the same capabilities in the workplace that they get on social media when sharing photos, buying products or videoconferencing with friends and family on personal mobile devices.”
– Wall Street Journal
Evolve IP – Always Collaborating™
In today’s on-demand world, enterprises need to give employees the capacity to stay productive and communicate more efficiently among themselves, and with customers, partners, and prospects. Being ‘out the office’ is no longer a viable reason to stop collaborating – an expectation that’s driving an overwhelming majority of businesses to embrace the concept of business collaboration as a powerful competitive advantage.
Devices & Integrations
Work when and where you want. Business collaboration tools run as well from your mobile phone and tablet as they do from a powerhouse desktop. Integrations with major project management and business service applications will take your project productivity even further.
Questions to Consider
- What collaboration systems do you have in your organization today. Why would you need more than one?
- What groups other than IT may have deployed a solution? How will you integrate their solutions and projects with other teams?
- What kind of services do your employees access while they are mobile. How do your associates collaborate when they are working from home or remotely today?
- What are the core needs and features that you absolutely must have from your phone system?
- What are the ‘must have’ requirements for your collaboration solution?
- Do you want your phone system integrated with your collaboration software? What kind of phones do you have? Will you want your call center integrated as well?
- Are you using Cisco WebEx? How important are video meetings for your organization? Do you need your meetings recorded?
- Do you have Cisco handsets and related hardware?
- Are you a Microsoft business? Are you already using Office 365? How do your associates leverage O365 today?