Although pay rates and traditional benefits such as health care and paid time off continue to play a role in attracting the best and the brightest, one of the most sought-after perks in a new job is the flexibility to work remotely, at least some of the time. Businesses that utilize remote work software to help facilitate that transition to a hybrid or remote workforce will reap the benefits of a larger talent pool in just about every industry.
Here are the top remote workforce solutions that leading companies are using to achieve the remote workplaces of today.
Desktop as a Service
Desktop as a Service (DaaS) solutions are virtual desktop infrastructures provided by a third-party vendor. These cloud-based solutions are centrally managed, storing an organization’s operating system, software, applications and data in secure locations.
All employees who need to access segments of a company’s system and data are authorized at the appropropriate level so they can remain productive while minimizing potential security issues. Updates, troubleshooting and governance can be tightly controlled. Customers pay an agreed upon monthly subscription for services.
Contact Center as a Service
Contact center as a Service (CCaaS) allows organizations to purchase only the features and level of technology they require to run an efficient and effective contact center. Delivered by a third-party solutions provider, CCaaS software is typically cloud-based as well, allowing customers to deploy updates, features and channels quickly and as needed.
Monthly subscription agreements eliminate the upfront, maintenance, and upgrading costs of implementing contact centers on premises, resulting in a lower total cost of ownership for companies. CCaaS allows customers to scale up or down depending on their volumes, paying for only what they use.
Unified Communications as a Service
Unified communication as a service (UCaaS) delivers the ability for employees to communicate and collaborate from remote locations as if they were in the same physical space. Also based in the cloud, these software solutions provide instant messaging, presence notification, online meeting and phone call features, team collaboration and file sharing capabilities.
Selecting the Right Partner for Remote Workforce Management
Each remote work software vendor will have its strengths and weaknesses, and companies making a decision on selecting the best partner will need to step back and evaluate their unique needs and requirements.
Many vendors are beginning to offer not only one of these solutions but expanding out to deliver features of each so that customers can optimize their remote work environment. Having a centralized, integrated system that delivers all of these solutions–or at least aspects of all these solutions that are most important to your specific organization–should be considered in your decision.
For example, EvolveIP delivers a completely integrated DaaS, CCaaS, and UCaaS solution by partnering with industry leaders such as Microsoft and Cisco, providing a seamless user experience.
Employing these top software solutions for remote or hybrid employees can generate a wealth of benefits for companies today.
- Improved Productivity. Without the physical presence of other coworkers, it can be challenging to stay productive. Different time zones, work hours and availability should not slow down the progress of projects. Having these solutions in place means that coworkers can easily share work and progress and readily see who is working when to maximize their own productivity.
- Broader Access to Talent. With labor shortages continuing as an ongoing problem for most organizations, finding the right expertise when and where you need it is much easier when geography is no longer a barrier. In fact, being able to essentially “purchase” the hours you need of a particular expert’s time can be beneficial to the company and the professional today.
- Greater Retention. For those organizations wanting to retain certain employees, the ability to provide remote, hybrid and flexible work schedules can be an attractive perk. More and more individuals want control over when and how they work and the ability to balance personal and professional responsibilities as they see fit.
- Scalability. Market conditions and customer demands are often changing today, and companies that can quickly pivot to scale up or down will have a competitive advantage. This ability to scale can apply to hiring new employees and letting them go as needs change as well as the ability to handle changing customer volumes within a contact center.
- Increased Security. Since all of these solutions can be delivered in the cloud, security and governance can be more easily centralized, and therefore, more effective. Advanced security and monitoring technology can be efficiently implemented and a system-wide view means that suspicious activity can be flagged much earlier.
As companies continue to refine their remote and hybrid workplaces, software solutions must play an increasingly important role. If you’d like to learn more about how to use these solutions effectively in your own organization, reach out today. Evolve IP has years of experience in helping organizations just like yours take advantage of these software solutions designed to facilitate remote work successfully.