Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI)
EVOLVED DESKTOP SERVICES OVERVIEW
Your employees are your company’s most critical asset. Supporting them is one of your largest expenses.
Four-in-10 (40.5 percent) of the organizations polled with 100 or more employees are spending $100,000 or more annually on desktop hardware and software for their employees.
To further complicate the issue, your business is comprised of many different types of users – from a typical knowledge worker to a multimedia designer to a road warrior executive or salesperson. That’s why Evolve IP Desktop Services are a far superior option to on-site IT and typical “one size fits all” cloud desktop offerings.
Evolve IP Desktop Services meet the diverse needs of any organization by providing a unified desktop management solution for physical and virtual desktops alike – enabling IT departments to deliver the most appropriate desktop solution for each end user, while maintaining control through the cloud and improving end-user support.
Desktop Management (RMM) – is the cornerstone of Desktop Services. RMM provides IT departments with a remote management console for existing physical workstations and laptops, as well as virtual desktops. RMM delivers point and click configuration management, patch management, performance reporting, and remote control in a single pane of glass regardless of the location and type of end-user environment. Add optional Anti-virus for physical assets and you’ve got a one-stop-shop for end-user management.
Desktop as a Service (DaaS) – frees businesses from the endless cycle of purchasing, supporting, upgrading and ultimately replacing local PCs by providing an untethered “virtual” workspace that can be accessed from anywhere, at any time, on nearly any device, all for a predictable monthly fee. By leveraging desktop virtualization from VMware, IT managers are freed from the need to “touch” each desktop when adding or removing users or to fix problems and deliver new applications, saving staff time and keeping employees productive.
Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) – is designed for businesses with virtualization experience and privacy or regulatory requirements. Our hosted VDI delivers full control over the virtual desktop environment to the customer, while the infrastructure (hardware and virtualization) is managed by Evolve IP. VDI delivered as a service provides the best of both worlds, 24×7 monitoring and management with 100% customer control and licensing.
Desktop Helpdesk (HD) – can be added to any of our desktop services and take the burden of user management off of busy IT departments. Our help desk is staffed and ready to provide remote support to your end users during business hours, and proactive mitigation to RMM alarms letting you focus on critical IT management activities.
Mobile Device Management (MDM) – is the solution for the many employees, whose mobile device is their primary business workspace. MDM enables you to protect critical company assets and ensure end user productivity on a consumer device. MDM makes it easy for businesses to secure, configure, locate or even erase unrecoverable mobile devices that are used for business.
WHY MANAGE DESKTOPS FROM THE CLOUD?
- Simplicity – A single pane of glass for managing every desktop, regardless of location or type. Provide user support, routine upgrades, backups, and virus protection from the Evolve IP cloud.
- Economics – Reduce the total cost of desktop ownership by almost 70% through remote troubleshooting, ease of deployment, and extended life of older equipment.
- Productivity – Support, configure and deploy desktops and mobile devices from a centralized location while offering users the ability to access their desktop from any location on any device
- Continuity – Services from Evolve IP are delivered from diverse technology centers over multiple carriers ensuring that services are available regardless of conditions at the customer location.
- Scalability – Rather than upgrading, virtualize desktops to Evolve IP’s cloud where resources can be added to a desktop with a simple mouse click.
- Performance – Immediately rectify problems remotely – saving IT time and putting employees back to work quickly.
- Control – Enjoy unmatched control and point-and-click configuration over all services through our award-winning OSSmosis Portal.
- Security – Provide external users with secure access to company apps and data. Enforce end-to-end security, consistently, across all users, regardless of device.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS FOR END-USERS
- Employees remain productive because anywhere-access for IT means immediately rectified PC problems.
- DaaS and VDIaaS provide a complete workspace that can be accessed from any device, anywhere.
- Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) capability enabled.
For more information about desktop virtualization benefits, visit this page.