"Fastest remote desktop I have ever used.” – G2.com
How to Choose a Desktop Delivery Model for the Digital Workplace
The Gartner report on choosing a desktop delivery model provides critical insight into:
- Pros and cons of Desktop Delivery Models.
- Common use cases for PCs, VDI and DaaS workloads.
Deciding factors when choosing PCs, VDI or DaaS.
Desktop delivery options.
Deciding Factors When Choosing PCs, VDI or DaaS
Some Key Findings include:
- "Digital workplace leaders find it increasingly difficult to navigate factors surrounding choices for desktop delivery, including use case, worker location, data location, security and compliance requirements, and business continuity."
- "Most organizations have valid use cases for multiple desktop delivery approaches across PCs, virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI), and desktop as a service (DaaS)delivery models. DaaS is becoming an increasingly viable third option, given its maturity, feature set and participating vendors."
- "Driven by inflation, budget concerns and economic uncertainty, many Gartner clients are migrating some on-premises VDI to a combination of DaaS and modern managed PCs."
Key Recommendations for Infrastructure and Operations Leaders:
Looking For a Virtual Desktop Solution But Are Overwhelmed With The Options?
Use the Gartner report to compare PCs, VDI, and DaaS and find the best fit for your digital workspace.
Is your organization planning to or in the process of adopting DaaS?
The Gartner Market Guide includes assessment of the market segmentation and use cases for DaaS to make better investment decisions. Click the link below to find out which DaaS offering is the right fit for you.
1. Gartner, Market Guide for Desktop as a Service Stuart Downes, Mark Margevicius, Tony Harvey, Eri Hariu, Craig Fisler, Sunil Kumar 20 March 2023.
2. Gartner, How To Choose a Desktop Delivery Model for the Digital Workplace. By Suni Kumar, Craig Fisler, Stuart Downes, 6 March 2023.
3. GARTNER is a registered trademark and service mark of Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and internationally and is used herein with permission. All rights reserved.
4. Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner’s Research & Advisory organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
Your essential IT ally for the enterprise hybrid workforce.
Simplify and future-proof your technology footprint with Evolve IP
It's nearly impossible to stay on top of every change in technology. Partner with Evolve IP and gain the combined experience of hundreds of technologists, all acting as an extension of your IT team. Helping you do more with less.